Whether you’re a seasoned business owner or you’re just starting out, running your own business is more than just a job to you. What started out as a dream is now a way of life — one you are very passionate about and proud of. Like many small business owners, you’ve had to make sacrifices but the rewards are worth it, and you wouldn’t have it any other way.
14 Ways You Know You’re a Small Business Owner:
- Vacation isn’t a word you use very often.
- All of your titles wouldn’t fit on a business card — president, chief executive officer, chief financial officer, chief marketing officer, director of human resources, tech support… and the list goes on and on.
- You personally know everyone who has “liked” your business’ Facebook page.
- Your business started as a hobby or a way for you to make a little extra money on the side while you worked full-time.
- You’re proud of your accomplishments and share your business every chance you get on social media.
- Friday nights consist of processing receivables and payables.
- It’s the hardest but most rewarding career you’ve ever had.
- You work hard to do more with less, so you’re always looking for creative ways to grow your dream.
- You’re a self-starter. There is no challenge too big that you can’t figure out.
- The idea of unlimited growth potential gives you the chills.
- When you hire, you work hard to find the right fit. When you have a shared vision, you know you can let them do what they do best while you focus on the overall picture.
- You’re a networking pro. You understand the value of leveraging connections. Connecting with other business owners is a great way to bounce ideas off one another and you gain valuable guidance along the way.
- The customer is your No. 1 priority because you know that word of mouth is your most powerful tool. Building the reputation of delivering great customer service is your top priority.
- You depend on your employees for your livelihood, so you treat them like family. You work hard to make sure your employees are happy.
Protecting Your Dreams
Because running your own business is a dream come true for you, we want to help protect that dream. Connect with your local Farm Bureau agent to ensure your business insurance is working hard for you.